Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Imogene Training Continues

I haven't mentioned it in a while but the Imogene Pass Race training is continuing. I hit a snag a few weeks back when my main training run got closed and burned by the fire up on the mountain. So I decided to do some lower elevation speed training, but the worked my way back to the hills.
Yesterday morning I got up early and ran from Buffalo Park, 7000', to the top of Mt Elden, 9200'.It was a 7 mile run up and a 6 mile run down. I took a shortcut down Upper Oldam trail which was awesome! So totaling 13 miles, which is the furthest I've run for a while, it felt pretty tough because there was a lot of steep uphill sections. But it was a great training run and I think I learned a lot about how I will have to run for the race. I am looking forward to going to Colorado at the end of the month to do some real training runs up some 14er's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment