Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Resolutions

It has been an exciting New Year so far. Lots of action. A bunch of us headed down to Sedona new Years morning to climb @ the Church wall. I've been wanting to get on the 13 down there, "Galactic Hitchhiker". A really amazing climb that I hope to get photos of next time we get down there. I think that it is going to go next time out. My friend Sam joined us for a few hours late in the afternoon, Just enough time to send "Mission to Mars"!

Saturday I rested from climbing because of my still injured finger, and decided to go for a nice long run in Sedona. It was slowgoing because it was mostly rough trails with lots of steep ups and downs. Ended up running for over 2 hours straight totaling 11 3/4 miles!
So Sunday it was off to the Asylum.
And for the finally for the New Year Weekend........ It was a perfect day. Clear skys, 35 degrees, slight breeze, just the best conditions you could ask for. Our token Canadian, Dave, came with us and had a great time. And I sent my long term project the " Alpha Monkey" 5.13b. By no means the best route ever, but it is just a steep, towering, thug-fest of a route, just the kind of route I like, and I finally sent it. Sam got some great photos of me on it the burn just before I sent, (I had him belay me when I did send). If you click the photo it will take you to his Blog where there are more photos, or you can click the "Blimp Bouldering" link on "my favorites"

No comments:

Post a Comment